Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Split, Croatia

Well, it's only taken me an entire year but I'm finally going to write a few posts about our Mediterranean cruise!

This trip was our last 'hurrah' has a single couple. When we left I was a little over 10 weeks pregnant. If I had known I was pregnant when we purchased the cruise I wouldn't have done it. I'm already prone to sea sickness and combined with pregnancy... it makes for a 'bumpy' ride, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I was only sick on the first day (thank God). Then I got my sea legs and the trip turned out better than I could have hope for.

Day 1- VENICE!

I L.O.V.E. VENICE!

It is my favorite place in the world. Really... it is. Too bad the entire day was spent waiting in line to get on the cruise. If I had known this, I would've got there a day early. I was so bummed out. Cameron promised me he would take me back, and I'm holding him to it!

 I did get a few good pictures as we were sailing away~




Day 2 -Split Croatia

I wanted to do some research about each port before we left. Since we only had a day at each place I wanted to get the most out of our trip. though, I seemed to have skipped over this one. Croatia is beautiful. We walked around for about an hour. We then decided to do one of the walking tours that we had passed by earlier. I recommenced you do this for any city you want to visit. It's a great way to get to know the area and at the same time learn or find out what it is your looking at. I promise you its worth the cash. You can and will enjoy a place so much more if you do.  TIP: Don't buy the cruise trips... there over priced and your stuck. However, there was one port of call that you MUST buy a cruise tour for and I'll talk about that in another post.

Here are some photos of our day in Split...











We saw Diocletian's Palace and learned a lot about the history of Split. It was informative..
The last photo shown is of an acapella group that was singing in a dome shaped structure. The room carried the sound out into the streets. It was amazing and they sounded beautiful.

After the tour ended we did some SHOPPING and eating... remember I was pregnant at the time. 

As you enter into the city you walk down into what looks like a dark dungeon. At the bottom there are lots vendors selling all kinds of nick-knacks. I'm not really a souvenir person but FUN FACT: this is the one place in the world you can buy red carol jewelry.

TIP: Try and talk vendors down in price. You would be surprised how many people are willing to go down in price. 

The rest of the day was spent walking around enjoying sun and cafes'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment