Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Mykonos, Greece

Day 6- Mykonos
 
Out of all the places we visited, Mykonos was our favorite. This little piece of paradise is located on the Aegean sea. I've never seen blue waters like this anywhere else and doubt I ever will again.

Once again, our goal was to find a beach and go swimming. First we did some exploring... we walked the streets admiring the white walls and blue doors. Cameron surprised me and bought me a bracelet while I was in another store buying a bag. He's so sweet. This place didn't feel like a tourist hot spot, more like a quaint little Greek ocean-side town. If that makes any sense?

We found a wonderful cafe called Kavos. It's right on the water and it's where I ate the best Greek salad of my life. You can't go to Greece and not eat Greek food!





The Windmills~





 I wanted to jump in right then and there... 







 
I love the look of old/worn boats






Kavos, right on the water~



I wish I could say these pictures do it justice. 

For this trip I borrowed a friends' camera because mine soaks up batteries quicker than you can say the word. So, I went back to the ship to put the camera in our room before we headed to the beach. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent in the water. I think we both decided that when we become millionaires we'll buy a home there. (Ha... yeah, right.)

About an hour before the last boat left for the day we went searching for some baklava. If you never had it... you should. We found in a tiny family owned sandwich shop where we both spotted a large pan of it. We sat down and enjoyed the best baklava of our lives. I know... two in one day! I couldn't believe it myself.

Mykonos really was amazing and I think it's a great vacation spot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment