Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Corfu and Souda Bay, Greece

Day 3- Corfu

I wasn't extremely impressed with Corfu. Both Cameron and I thought we would be able to find a beach that day so we suited up and headed out early. 
We didn't find a nice plot of sand to rest our heads for the day so we spent it exploring the area. 
However, there's a massive fortress that I recommend seeing. You can 'climb' to the top where there is a little light house. 








 There was lots of shopping at this port. Mostly souvenir stores but, like we always do we walked the roads less traveled and found some interesting things. Towards the end of the day the rain clouds came in so we headed back to the ship.


Day 4- Souda Bay, Greece

If I didn't have my toes in sand and salt water by the end of this day I would have been devastated and this cruise would have been a bust. Thankfully we found a BEACH thanks to my husband who is great at navigating. We found a nice area that had tents and chairs set up along the beach. FUN FACT: If you see a bunch of matching chairs set up along a beach you can usually rent these for the day. It cost us 5 euros (7 US dollars) to rent two chairs and an umbrella for the entire day! So worth it!

It was heaven. 

There was also a restaurant situated across the street that catered to the beach crowd. So we spent the entire day laying out staring at the blue waters of the Mediterranean.   













 

TIP: Don't EVER go into a restaurant if someone is outside begging/asking you to come in. Chances are good that the food sucks, it's over priced and you'll have lousy service. I learned this on our very first trip to Italy and sadly learned it again in Souda Bay. I ordered ONE plate of kalamari... I even told the guy we want ONE to share. He brought out two and swore up and down that I ordered both. It was awful. 

Other than that experience, Souda Bay was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment