Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Venice

Venice is beautiful! We didn't spend much time there and honestly... we were supposed to go home after Rome. Nevertheless, we made a stop in Venice. We got there around 7 am and by 8 am we were on a boat heading the the main island. We got there so 'early' that nothing was open until about an hour before we left. In Europe EVERYTHING opens late and closes early! It's really quite annoying, but it was nice to be there before the crowds started showing up! Anyways, I think Venice is a little over-rated and over priced. Then again I was only there for about 4 hours. I tried to haggle a street vendor selling original paintings and he was not trying to hear what I had to say! Quite rude actually. We didn't do a gondola ride... I KNOW! How can I go to Venice and not go on a gondola ride?! Well, we're going back to Venice when we leave for our cruise next year(we had to push it back). So I can wait until then! :)
Here are some pictures I took walking around the city.

St. Mark's Square


Gondola's


The famous Square where you can feed the pigeon's


St. Mark's Basilica


Yes, the buildings are leaning-


The Grand Canal


Look close--- DON'T THOUCH! HA!


Yummy berries










I just had to take a picture of this






My hubby : )




1 comment:

  1. I am going to live vicariously through you. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete