Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Florence, Italy

As most of you know, Florence was the place to be during the Renaissance. It was the epicenter for the re-birth of art, architecture and new way of 'thinking'. Florence is amazing and I wish I spent more time there. But, I feel we saw 'the big things' that Florence had to offer. We saw the Piazza and a medieval church with a baptistery and the REAL statue of David among other priceless works of art. In the 5-6 hours we spend in Florence Cameron was stopped twice asking if he was a Duke fan. I can't imagine why? It's not like he's head to toe in Duke apparel! ; ) All these are Americans and all were from North Carolina(of course) and one is a Duke football prospect! I swear... we can't go anywhere : )

Here are some pictures of the trip~


The Church


The Baptistery Doors(Real Gold)


All 3 (Church, Baptistery and the Tower)


Art shop along the way~


Piazza della Signoria






I caught this one sniffing his arm-pit!


The David(taken illegally)


A famous piece by Bartolini(also taken illegally)


The River in Florence


PIZZA!!!


Cameron and I had a lot of fun walking the streets of Florence! The most memorable part about it wasn't the history but the rain. It started raining about 2 hours after we got there and were SOAKED from head to toe running to get in line at the museum. I wish I had got a picture of us soaked... uh! Needless to say, bring an umbrella with you even if it's a beautiful day outside. I bought a North Face rain jacket when we got home for our next trip so that wont be happening again! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment