Monday, July 11, 2011

The Vatican

The Vatican was an experience, I mean this in a good way. We enjoyed walking through the many halls and seeing incredible works of art. The Vatican is lined with art and statues, from the floor to ceiling you are surrounded by it. The Sistine Chapel was a once in a life time experience too. Michelangelo was truly a genius. I wish I could have taken pictures inside but it wasn't allowed. Even though I'm not Catholic, The Vatican was a nice tour. There is so much art history there and it was amazing to see it first hand.

Here are some pictures of The Vatican



Vatican Wall (there very tall)


Entrance


We made it inside!


Cameron and I





Inside the Vatican (ALL the ceilings in every room are like this)


Another Ceiling Picture


These were the Candle 'holders' that once lit the halls


Statues Line the Halls


This one was my favorite (not sure why)


Long hallway before entering a tiny hall to the Sistine Chapel (sorry no pics allowed!)


On our way to St. Peters Basilica


Inside the Church


-Michelangelo(behind glass)


Swiss Guard


St. Peter and the Famous Obelisk


No comments:

Post a Comment